Funeral Planning in California
We Offer Funeral Services Tailored to Your Wishes
Losing a loved one can be one of the most difficult life experiences imaginable. In addition to losing companionship, it may be difficult to determine how to plan or pay for a funeral. If you are planning your own funeral, the desire to make every aspect perfect may feel overwhelming. This is why we are careful to offer a range of personalized services. Our staff can help you plan your or your loved one’s funeral by preparing the body, coordinating with the clergy, preparing notices, helping obtain authorizations and permits, and planning transportation.
Callaghan Mortuary & Livermore Crematory offers personalized funeral services for families from all walks of life. Our experienced staff members offer services that cater to many religious denominations and faiths. Whether you are Catholic, Hindu, Protestant, Jewish or another religious tradition, we offer services that help put you and your loved ones at peace.
How We Help With Funeral Planning
Our funeral directors and staff help you plan for a funeral during an arrangement conference. During the arrangement conference, we can:
- Consult with you, your family and the clergy
- Shelter the remains of your loved one
- Prepare and file important notices
- Help get authorizations and permits
- Coordinate with the cemetery, crematory or other third parties
- Personal Property Authorization Form
Planning the funeral ahead of time can provide you with peace of mind. We know that not everyone has this option. Whether you are planning ahead or need immediate services, we are here to provide help.
Our Funeral Services in Livermore
Callaghan Mortuary & Livermore Crematory can help you select personalized funeral services. We offer the following services at our Livermore mortuary and crematory.
- Cremation. Cremation is a process where high temperatures reduce a body to its most basic elements. The process uses a cremation chamber capable of producing temperatures in excess of 1,200 degrees to reduce the body to bone fragments. After the fragments cool, they undergo processing and are placed in a ceremonial container. We also offer cremation services for adults and children.
- Burial. Traditional ground burial is one of the most common funeral options. We tailor burial services to your religious, cultural or personal preferences. Our services include preparing a body for viewing and visitation by family members. We also offer burial packages for adults and children.
- Coffins and containers. We offer a variety of high-quality coffins that can withstand the passage of time. You can also use our website to personalize your coffin, including embroidery. Additionally, you can purchase containers to hold the remains of your loved one after cremation.
- Forwarding remains to mausoleum crypts and family estates. Family is everything during life and after death. Our Livermore crematory can forward the remains of your loved one to a mausoleum or family burial plot.
Our Burial Packages in Livermore
Callaghan Mortuary & Livermore Crematory has several burial packages with various services provided.
- Traditional funeral services packages. This package provides you with embalming, two days of refrigeration, dressing, casketing, and the use of our facilities for visitation, viewing and the funeral ceremony. Additionally, this package provides use of our flower vehicle, funeral director, staff and hearse. Pricing varies depending on whether you select one or two days of visitation.
- Funeral service. Our funeral service package comes with a funeral director, staff and access to our flower vehicle and hearse for transport to the local cemetery. This package also includes two days of refrigeration, transfer to a local mortuary, embalming and basic sanitation, dressing, casketing, and use of our facilities for the funeral.
- Graveside service. Charges for this package cover the use of our funeral director, staff, transfer of remains to a mortuary, two days of refrigeration, basic sanitation and embalming. The package also includes casketing, dressing and the use of our equipment for a graveside ceremony or hearse transportation to a local cemetery.
- Immediate burial with brief family viewing. Charges for this package cover the use of our staff and funeral director as well as two days of refrigeration, basic sanitation, and transfer of remains to the mortuary. This package also includes a 15-minute identification viewing and hearse to the local cemetery.
In addition to the packages listed above, we can help donate your loved one’s body to science and receive the remains from another funeral home. Contact us to learn more about our services. You can reach us for a free consultation by dialing (925) 660-7098 or by using the contact form on our website.